“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” – Micah 6:8
We need to have an understanding that we are the created and not the creator, after we read the Word of God. Things come into perspective when we are a people that are under authority. Our focus should be learning how to become sons and daughters of the most high God and putting away childish things.
The grace and mercy that God offers is more than sufficient for us to align our life to the bullseye. Considering the ways of God brings us into a very humble state. God’s Word should provoke us not only to consider His ways, but challenge us to be pressing forward daily.
Cultivating this type of mindset will empower us to be obedient in order to maximize our freedom in him. There should be no doubt in our mind, how to filter the events of the world today, through the lens of God’s sovereignty.
Questions for Reflection:
▪ Can I tell the season of the sovereignty of God that I am living in today?
▪ Does the Word cause me to think about how I walk with God?
▪ Will I choose justice and love kindness?
▪ How has humility been exampled to me?
▪ Does humility make sense according to God’s definition?